What is Certified Green Housekeeping?
Certified Green Housekeeping is an environmentally-responsible way of performing cleaning services. The factors exerting the most impact on any building’s environment are housekeeping and maintenance; problems like Sick Building Syndrome are often the direct result of poor upkeep and cleaning practices.
Benefits to the building’s occupants include: improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) which results in an overall healthier workplace, improved productivity and reduced maintenance costs.
How do we do it?
In keeping with green cleaning best practices, we:
- Use a selection of EcoLogo Certified™and Green Seal Certified cleaning products
- Promote recycling and implementation of a proper Waste Management program
- Use micro fibre cloths and HEPA vacuums, removing 99.97% of dust and allergens
- Make water and electricity conservation a priority.
- Use eco-friendly chemicals with low VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compound) to reduce exposure to toxins
- Supply Oxo-Degradable garbage bags, which reduce the carbon footprint to landfill sites
- Control areas of moisture and cross-contamination by using a colour-coded cleaning system, and a Moisture Control Log for all sites
- Strive to implement guidelines and practices which follow the CaGBC LEED rating system
At Allcare we design comprehensive Green Housekeeping programs to improve the health and safety of your facility. It’s no more expensive than regular cleaning methods and can actually save you money.