Does your company have a “Pandemic Plan and a “Business Continuity” Plan. Is your business at risk in the event of a catastrophic event, whether related to terrorism, power supply, natural disaster or a pandemic influenza outbreak?
To learn more on how to develop a plan and become prepared, contact us.
Are you prepared for H1N1 Virus?
Is your company prepared?
Are your employees protected?
With the H1N1 outbreak now at stage 6, we need to ensure we all know the methods of protecting ourselves and the symptoms associated with the virus.
Ways to protect yourself:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and warm water (refer to hand washing guide) for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into your arm and not your hands
- Get your H1N1 flu shot (Personal choice, not endorsed by Allcare)
- Keep common surfaces areas clean and disinfected.
- If you’re sick, stay home.
Symptoms Associated with H1N1
- Almost always: Sudden onset of cough and fever
- Common: Fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, decreased appetite, runny nose
- Sometimes: Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
- Shortness of breath, rapid or difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Bluish or grey skin colour
- Change in mucous/spit colour
- Dizziness and confusion
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- High fever for more than 3 days
- Low blood pressure.