What is Certified Green Cleaning?
Certified Green Cleaning is an environmentally-responsible way of performing cleaning services.
Since cleaning and maintenance services are the two key factors which impact a building’s environment, it’s crucial to employ non-toxic cleaning practices and proper upkeep in order to prevent Sick Building Syndrome.
One major benefit of a certified green cleaning program is improved indoor air quality which results in:
- an overall healthier workplace,
- improved productivity,
- reduced absenteeism,
- and financial efficiency.
How do we do it?
In keeping with green cleaning best practices, we:
- Use a selection of EcoLogo™and Green Seal Certified cleaning products
- Promote recycling and implementation of a proper Waste Management program
- Use microfiber cloths and HEPA vacuums, removing 99.97% of dust and allergens
- Make water and electricity conservation a priority
- Use eco-friendly chemicals with low VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compound) to reduce exposure to toxins
- Supply oxo-degradable garbage bags, which reduce the carbon footprint at landfill sites
- Control areas of moisture and cross-contamination by using a colour-coded cleaning system, and a Moisture Control Log for all sites
- Strive to implement guidelines and practices which follow the CaGBC LEED rating system
At Allcare, we design comprehensive Green Cleaning programs to improve the health and safety of your facility. It’s no more expensive than regular cleaning methods and can actually save you money.