“My favourite journey is looking out the window.”
A home is usually the biggest investment most people will ever make. And according to real estate agents, one of the biggest factors in choosing a property is the quality of natural light in the home. So let the sunshine in — through clean windows!
And for businesses, light is just as important. Because windows are one of the first things a client notices, dirty windows create an unfavourable impression which can actually negatively affect sales. Clean windows make for a pleasant and professional environment for guests, clients and staff.
Clearly it’s the view
We often take windows for granted. We get up every day and look outside. Clean windows cheer us up as we look out onto the world; dirty windows do just the opposite and can contribute to a glum mood. It’s a subtle thing but looking through sparkling windows means you’ll feel more chipper as soon as you start the day, and with warmer weather approaching the view will only get better.
Why it’s important
Besides improving one’s mood, did you know that clean windows actually prolong the life of the glass?
Windows can really take a beating. They’re exposed to harsh weather conditions, acid rain and hard minerals. They collect dirt and grime, which can make them weaker and lose their transparency over time. And that not only makes them harder to clean but can eventually ruin them altogether.
Regular cleaning makes it easier to remove stubborn stains and extend the life of the windows — making it easier on your pocketbook in the long run.
Simple window cleaning tips
So what can you do to make the windows at home or at work look better and last longer? Here are a few simple tips for easy window cleaning:
- Tackle the job on a dry and cloudy day. Cleaning windows in the blazing sun will quickly dry the cleaning solution on hot windows before you can wipe it off, making it difficult to remove streaks. If it has to be done on a sunny day, start on the shady side of the house.
- Always sweep the dirt off of the frames and sills before you begin washing the windows. This will prevent a muddy mess from forming after the window cleaner is applied.
- Apply the cleaning solution liberally. If you hold back and don’t apply enough cleaner to allow the dirt and grime to dissolve, you’ll always end up with streaks. You can use commercial glass cleaners (eco-friendly, please) or you can easily make your own.
- Use a microfiber cloth. Paper towels, rags or even newspapers do dry windows, but nothing works as well as microfiber cloths. They’re super absorbent and guarantee a streak-free and shiny window. Plus, they’re re-usable.
- Pro tip: When wiping the windows, wipe horizontally on one side of the glass and vertically on the other side. That way, if there are any streaks, you can quickly tell which side they’re on.
Whether it’s a home or a business, clean windows project a brighter, more positive atmosphere and can even improve your mood, productivity and sales!
At Allcare, we care about clean. Get in touch for your free, no-obligation quote.