With the H1N1 outbreak upon us, we need to ensure we all know the methods of protecting ourselves and the symptoms associated with the flu virus.
Does your company have a “Pandemic Plan” and a “Business Continuity” Plan? Is your business at risk in the event of a catastrophic event, whether related to terrorism, power supply, natural disaster or a pandemic influenza outbreak such as H1N1?
Ways to protect yourself
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into your arm and not your hands
- Get your H1N1 flu shot (personal choice, not endorsed by Allcare)
- Keep common surfaces areas clean and disinfected.
- If you’re sick, stay home!
Symptoms Associated with H1N1
- Almost always: sudden onset of cough and fever
- Common: fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, decreased appetite, runny nose
- Sometimes: vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
- Shortness of breath, rapid or difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Bluish or grey skin colour
- Change in mucous/spit colour
- Dizziness and confusion
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- High fever for more than 3 days
- Low blood pressure.
For more information visit:
Are you prepared for the H1N1 virus?
Is your company prepared?
Are your employees protected?
To learn more about how to develop a plan and become prepared, contact us.